Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)
Program: Masters/PhD Degree
DAAD Scholarship Deadline 2022: Aug-Oct 2022 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts AY 2023/2024
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Masters or Ph.D. courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education, and Law; and Media Studies.
See the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2023/2024.
Duration of the funding:
12 to 42 months (dependent on the study programme)
Students from eligible countries
- Depending on the academic level, the scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for Ph.D.
Eligibility: (আবেদনের যোগ্যতা )
The typical scholarship holder:
• Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic, or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
Application instructions: (কী ভাবে আবেদন করবেন)
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2022.
Website: বিস্তারিত DAAD এর অফিসিয়াল ওয়েবসাইট দেখুন-
Official Scholarship Site