Many companies in the coronavirus epidemic are working voluntarily or under duress from their homes. Work from home is not easy for all.
This means that a lot of working people are not ready and start working for the first time. If you have done this before, the coronavirus has introduced you to a new era.
Remote work has been on the rise for the past few years 2020 due to the outbreak of coronavirus even it’s still onward in 2021.
Kate Lister, president of Global Workplace Analytics has estimated that there is 25-30% of the workforce will be working from home multiple days a week by the end of 2021.
This is not so scary though many companies did not believe in this process of telecommuting had no choice but to join the crowd.
How do you keep productivity when working from home?
Big companies like Microsoft, Amazon, and Twitter are all encouraging workers to stay home. In fact, globally there is a high emphasis on remote work. But the question is doing they have the preparation to work from home.
Follow these 10 highly productive tips so that your work from home might increase job satisfaction.
1. Start Early in the Morning–
How do you get up early from working from home? If your days always start with stressful then it’s a big concern.
Working from requires a positive mindset. While it’s ok to indulge yourself and do this every now and then, I recommend being more disciplined and waking up at the same time every day.
You don’t have to get up early, simply set your alarm for a time that is reasonable and convenient for you. Here is the top morning routine for those who work from home.
- The first thing is that build a habit so that you can wake up early. Refreshing yourself in that case drink a glass of water.
- Avoid logging or scrolling on social media. Set a boundary between your work and personal life.
- There’s nothing new here. We are all aware of the importance of exercising on a daily basis. So get moving and release some endorphins. Walk in the morning, practice gentle yoga, join the gym.
- Have breakfast with full energy.
- Now it’s time to get ready. Get a shower and dressed professionally.
- Now focus on keep journaling in peace and identify your top priorities.
This is how you can be waking up early in the morning which helps you to prepare mentally and physically.
2. Dedicate a Comfortable Workspace–
Sitting at home in the office does not mean you have worked in bed. This is a big problem unless you separate the sleeping area and the work area.
Those who work in the office every day, make a certain room an office, make sure that there is a place to sit, especially a chair so that you can work for 8 hours. It is better to decorate it like some office.
If possible, choose a place where natural light comes. Be sure to turn off your computer and accessories when you’re done. In general, follow the official policy.
- You can keep a part of the house ready just like the office. It is better if you have the opportunity to use a separate room at home, otherwise, choose a corner of the bedroom.
- You can choose the angle where there are windows, light and air facilities are available.
- Set up a table, chair, and desktop or laptop computer. You can put a small tree on the table. Arrange table lamps, necessary papers, files, pens, etc. on one side.
- Internet connection should be stable, better manage the broadband connection.
- If you want to continue talking via Zoom or Google Meet, you must check the background color. So there is a professional screen you can set. After all your workplace should be quiet and office-friendly.
3. Always keep in touch–
This is the unique advice given by various specialists. Employees are required to work in a variety of groups. Maintaining an equitable level of communication is critical.
How to call your employer or follow the policies of your company’s human resources department?
Any additional method, such as email, zoom, or chat, should be obvious. Take a look at the following guidelines in this case:
- Do not overdo the communication. If you want to know something, please share.
- Learn the rules and regulations of your organization’s remote work.
- Keep the means of communication in the collection and keep the necessary support.
- Can solve using emergency phone calls.
- Keep notes of what you learned from the process.
- In the case of video conferencing, take a look at the microphone and the background of the video. Keep yourself tidy and use a professional dress.
4. Protect privacy–
Protecting privacy is very difficult in today’s virtual age. Many times we integrate personal and professional matters.
In this way, many things of personal life are revealed and it is not possible to keep professional matters secret.
If you want to share something personal, it can be done through private channels such as your mobile phone or personal email.
It is also important to be aware of whether you have turned on your camera or microphone while working.
Moreover, if you use an office computer as a remote desktop, you have to use it very carefully. Those in the office who control these can spread the information in different ways.
It is also better to use file transfer and cloud services. Familiarize yourself with the rules of your office when it comes to transferring and storing information-related documents.
5. Organize necessary accessories–
If the lockdown period is extended, the office will continue at home.
So keep small items like staplers, sticky notes, pencils, headphones, power banks, James clips in your hand. These things will make your daily home office easier.
You can also buy a small printer to print paper.
6. Get Dressed–
If you have WhatsApp, Zoom, or Google Meet video, then clothing is a must. When you are neatly dressed, a kind of excitement works inside you.
So it is important to wear clean, formal (formal), or semi-formal attire while working at home.
7. Take a Break and Eat Some Foods–
At home, take frequent breaks from office work. After every 25 minutes of sitting and working, take a five-minute break.
It’ll work out well. It will be easy to maintain focus. Take frequent brief stops to drink tea, coffee, or eat snacks.
Get out of the room and to the dining table when it’s time for lunch. There’s no need to dine at the office table and work at the same time.
You used to take a certain amount of time. You spend the time behind meals that you used to spend on a regular basis as a lunch break at work.
Nutritionists report that we often overeat while working out. Since the attention is on the other side at that time, the food is not enjoyed properly.
Eating again becomes more of an eater. So to keep yourself fit, even if you have an office at home, you have to come to the dining table and have lunch.
It will not be appropriate to put anything in the oven and sit at the office if you are alone at home.
Accidents are very likely. If you wish to cook your own food, make sure you complete it before going to work.
You may add flax to tea or coffee to make it more nutritious. A water bottle can be placed on the work surface. Between tasks, you should drink enough water.
8. Socialize and Meet Friends–
When everyone starts working from home all of a sudden, many individuals automatically forget about social concerns.
It will make you feel lonely and dull your existence. Friends, coworkers, and family must keep physical touch with everyone throughout this outbreak.
So, in addition to your formal duties, you’ll need to make preparations to maintain your mind in shape.
Inquiries can be taken, for example, by taking time out during the week to talk to everyone on video calls.
Online chatting with coworkers or sharing tales, movies, or meals with the entire family. Remember that if you can keep your mind healthy, you will be able to focus on your task and perform effectively.
9. Limit Distraction–
As far as possible, keep the distractions in your household to a minimum. If you can’t enter your living room without turning on the TV, for example, work in another room or part of your house.
Distracting elements from your environment should be removed in order to keep you focused on your task, which might affect your productivity.
10. Treat Yourself–
Use a reward to assist encourage and hold you accountable if you’re having problems finishing a job.
For example, convince yourself that as soon as you finish a presentation, you may enjoy a cup of your favorite tea. You may give yourself something to look forward to at the end of the day by saying
inspired. Reward yourself by listening to your favorite podcast, watching a movie, or having a long, relaxing bath.
Unless you cannot say productive or motivated when you continuously work from home. The option is making the best of the circumstances.
According to a Forbes report, 91% of employees reported experiencing moderate to severe stress when working from home during the epidemic.
So all of these concerns have a direct impact on our mental and physical health. We believe all of these things together might make maintaining high levels of productivity while working from home.
You’ll be able to keep motivated even if the epidemic lasts a long time if you use these work-from-home tactics.